To try and encourage more matches between club players during the Covid-19 outbreak, this year we are introducing a singles ladder. If you wish to join please email Annabel Campbell. Players of all ages (including juniors) and standards are welcome to join the ladder as it is expected players will naturally find their level on the ladder.
The ladder will begin on on Monday 8th June and initial positions will be assigned randomly. Players can join the ladder after 8th June but will automatically start at the bottom. Contact details of other players in the ladders will be sent out separately by email to ensure privacy. The ladder will end on 31 August 2020.
The rules shouldn't be taken too seriously as we don't want to spoil the fun. The following rules should therefore be applied with a degree of flexibility and good humour. Remember, it's only a game!...
- You can challenge players who are up to a maximum of 3 places higher than you on the ladder.
- Once a challenge has been set no other challenge can be taken on until the match has been cancelled, forfeit, or played and the results entered.
- If the challenger wins the match, the challenger swaps places with his/her opponent in the ladder.
- If the challenger does not win both players stay in their current positions.
- Match results should be emailed to Ross Heyburn by the winner of the challenge. The website can then be updated.
- If a player fails to turn up for an arranged match the other player wins by default.
- Matches should be the best of 3 short sets, with the first 2 sets being the first to 4 games. If a third set is required a standard tiebreak should be played instead of a short set.
- Players should book the courts in advance and provide their own balls.
|Position ||Name||Last Result|
|1||Luke Thomas||won 4-0, 4-1 vs D. Weston-Smith|
|3||Philip Ingles||won 4-0, 4-0 vs D. Weston-Smith|
|5||Dominic Weston-Smith||lost 4-0, 4-0 vs P. Ingles|
|6||Lynne Artus||lost 4-1, 4-2 vs L. Thomas|
|7||David Lloyd||won 4-1, 4-0 vs P. Ingles|
|8||Nick Gibson||lost 4-0, 4-2 vs P. Ingles|
|9||Claudia Williams||won 4-1, 4-3 vs E. Wilson|
|10||Annabel Campbell||won 4-0, 4-0 vs Mrs J. Parman|
|11||Ruth Thomas||won 4-1, 5-4 vs E. Wilson|
|12||Rob Hart||won 4-2, 4-0 vs R. Hart|
|13||Joanna Parman||lost 4-0, 4-0 vs A. Campbell|
|14||Robert Tapsfield||lost 4-2, 4-0 vs R. Hart |
|15||Emma Wilson||lost 4-1, 4-2 vs R. Tapsfield|
|16||Juliet Moss||won 4-1, 4-0 vs M. Williams|
|18||Jo Parman||lost 4-0, 4-0 vs R. Hart|
|19||Millie Williams||lost 4-1, 4-0 vs J.Moss|
|21||Neil Reynolds||lost 4-0, 4-2 vs R. Hart|